CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

SURPRISE!!!!!

Yesterday, I went to a "luncheon" with my sweet friends only to find they had thrown me a surprise baby shower!!! After the realization of what was going on finally sunk in, I had to fight off tears! It was such a complete surprise! The decorations were so precious - using the nursery colors: purple and lime green. The food was DIVINE!!! And they even got a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes (Southlake - TO DIE FOR)!! I did what every good mother would do w/ gestational diabetes - I cheated a little! Thankfully I had changed out of my denim shorts (for fear of being a bit too casual). I was actually being lazy and opted for a cute black skirt instead of ironing (God forbid) my khaki shorts. It turned out that I was dressed just right - even put on a necklace (phew)!! Maggie had been in communicado w/ Mark (many times) and the girls had successfully passed lots of emails back and forth without me finding out! My mom was in town and got to be there, which was so special. Congratulations, girls! You totally pulled it off! Thank you, sweet BAMS, for such a precious shower! I love you guys!



1 comments:

Maggie said...

You are SOOO worth it! We loved planning the shower (even though the first two happy hour planning sessions included a lot of happy hour and not so much planning)! I'm so glad that you were surprised and that your mom could share in on the fun. We are all so excited and can't wait to meet little Ms. Lexie!